7.9.11

Now I'm teaching poetry and, at this exact point, William Carlos Williams. Although he is not one of my favorites, I really love this poem:


This is just to say


I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox


and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast


Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.


Students were asked to write a parody out of it. The author of the material I'm working with was inspired by parodies like this: http://somewhereinthesuburbs.wordpress.com/2008/04/21/this-is-just-to-say/


I did my own to inspire students:



This is just to say

I care less
each day
about the plums
you ate

the fancy
poem you made
out of that
is delicious

there is also
no regret
in having left
that icebox with you 

it was relaxing after a productive and tiring day.

Nenhum comentário: